tlug: majordomo

Is there a simple way to allow me to password protect a majordomo
archive file and allow web access to those with the password.

I've been setting the archive protection to 664 on open lists
with web access and 660 for closed lists.

I've tried to modify the archive2.pl script to do a
  chown ($uid, $guid, $filename);

but I think that I can't change owner/group to an id that
is not running the program.

I was thinking of setting password protection with .htaccess, but
any method is fine.  To use .htaccess I think I have to set the
group to the same group that the apache web server is runnning as.

Regards,
Craig

----
Personal: craigoda@example.com  http://tlug.pht.co.jp/~craigoda