Re: tlug: Mounting my W95 partition

Yes and no.

There are many commands you can use that will be intelligent about
filesystem boundaries. (df, du find just to name a couple)

There is understanding on fphysical drive variation,a nd seperate
filesystem.  However, in Unix this is hidden from the User.

Back before the even 3-400 MB disks were common, you would /bin/ /usr
and /home on seperate physical disks more often than not.

There is one massive virtual filesystem that includes all of this.
You need a directory entry, as a stub to add things to the filesystem.
Its existence is purely as a stub.  I usually touch a file inside any
mount point. (when the mount is NOT up) so that it is apparent that the
directory is not a real directory but only a moutn point, even if I come
up single user and don't have things mounted.

	# ls /floppy0
	Mount_dev_fd0_Here.

-Scott

--
"The only thing I learned | "I try never to let my schooling get in the
in college is that a lot  | way of my education"  - Sam Clemens