Re: tlug: fstab edit

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Jonathan Byrne wrote:

> On my system, /dev/hda1 is a VFAT partition with W95 and various files
> in it.  It appears in fstab, but the file system type is ignore.  What
> do I need to change this to in order to mount it?

change it to 'vfat'.

> I was going to put in that line from my fstab, but I haven't found a way
> to do a copy and paste from Mule to Netscape Mail.  Does
> cut-paste/copy-paste between apps not work on Linux, not work between
> some apps, or does it just work differently than what I would expect?  I
> would have thought that selecting and choosing copy in one place and
> paste in the other would work, but paste was grayed out in Netscape
> Mail.

netscape seems to have its own copy/paste.  You can use the standard X
copy/paste, though - highlight something w/ the left mouse button, paste
it somewhere else with the MIDDLE button.

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.

a word from the sponsor: