Re: tlug: Putting TrueType fonts in Windows

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Andrew S. Howell wrote:

>     Jonathan> Rumor has it that Windows TrueType fonts can be
>     Jonathan> installed in Linux. Since the Japanese fonts that I have
>     Jonathan> make for pretty ugly-looking mail in Netscape, I'd love
>     Jonathan> to be able to install some Japanese fonts from Windows
>     Jonathan> and put them in Linux.
>
>     Jonathan> Can anybody tell me how this is done?  And/or where to
>     Jonathan> get nice, free Japanese fonts for Linux?
>
> http://www.cit.ics.saitama-u.ac.jp/~far/howto/gs-vflib.html
>
> I got this off of Craig's Nihongo-linux page.
>
> http://beehive.twics.com/~craig/writings/linux-nihongo/node122.html#SECTION0001311000000000000000

Oh, vflib does that?  TurboLinux 1.4J comes with VFlib, Jonathan.  Please
let me know how to use it, though, as I've never actually used it (our
Japanese people have, but.. communication is difficult)

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.

a word from the sponsor: