tlug: What are your favorite video cards for Linux?

I'm planning on replacing my aging (no, aged) video card in my Linux box
with something newer, so I'd like to take a poll of your favorite (and/or
most hated) video cards to use with Linux.  The S3 chip set seems popular,
so I'm leaning toward that.  I hear the S3 Trio 64 is good and cheap, so
that's probably in the running.

My requirements are:

1) The cheaper the better,
2) 4 meg of memory
3) Expandable to 8 preferred but not mandatory
4) Both 2D and 3D preferred but not mandatory
5) Hardware MPEG would be nice, but this the least of my worries.  But still
a plus if it has it.

OK, thanks in advance for voting :-)

a word from the sponsor: