Re: tlug: Net Day

Uc^ida Masatomo wrote:

>  Finding the first school is a difficult job even without charge.
> In Japan people are suspicious to voluntary works.
>  Considering our capacity, one school is a good idea at a start.

 When I visited the family in Upland, Callif. last year, I kind of did
net day personally mainly because their child attending local school
has to do school work in PC because they say teachers do not accept
the reports otherwise. So I set up Windows system in both
English and Japanese, not Linux.  I doubt they use the internet to
communicate each other. Probably using floppy disk. But, there is
still incentive to use a computer even if parents don't know how to
 do it.
I don't see this is happening here.  Maybe one of passing subject
or extra curriculum.  Remember one primary school teacher
made a web of his class pupils and was opposed by both Princiipal and
Educational Commitee because they claim that violates privacy of pupils?
I think they simply don't want to do beyond Ministry of Education guideline.

So I would like to suggest to do a market research:

1) Make showroom out of tlug server.
2) Advertise it and invite people not necessarily from schools to see it.
3) research their needs.
4) Propose a solution to them based on both Linux and other competing system.
5) If they choose Linux and can't do it on their own, then help them at last
maybe
     on charged bases.

Regards,
Kei.