RE: tlug: ipfwadm

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, Howard, Bruce wrote:

> so what did the final configuration look like?

like horse crap, once I figured out what I was doing :)

Turns out that applying deny rules to forwarding doesn't affect the
masqueraded machines at all (I learned this via tcpdump).  You have to set
the default policy to deny and then only allow tcp 0:79, tcp 81:65535, and
all udp.  That will make it apply masq rules to everything but tcp/80
(http) and people will have to use the proxy to get to the web.

> 					cheers,
> 					bruce

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.

a word from the sponsor: