Re: tlug: Libretto

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, Marcus Metzler wrote:

> Hi,
> my brother is coming to Japan in 2 weeks and he told me he wants to get a
> subnotebook. He saw a Toshiba Libretto in Germany and wants to know
> if and where you can get them and what the prices are. He also wants to know
> what kind of different models they have. I got some information from
> the Toshiba web site (English and Japanese), but I found only information
> about the latest models and I think they might be a little too expensive.
> I think it doesn`t have to be a Libretto any other affordable subnote would
> do. So if anybody has any experience and/or suggestions I would be grateful.
> Of course, he wants to use Linux on the notebook, so it would be nice
> to know about the compatibility. Especially regarding the graphic chips.

I've seen Linux working on a Libretto under X... problem is in Japan, the
libretto is SMALLER than outside of Japan, with a smaller keypitch.  If
he's a German or American person, good luck typing on the thing.  I can
type on a USA-sold Libretto, but I need an f'ing toothpick to use the
Japanese kind.

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.

a word from the sponsor: