RE: tlug: Intel Pentium-II

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Jonathan Byrne--3Web wrote:

> >Actually, the P2/MMX has a 66MHz PCI bus and a 166MHz AGP bus.  I don't
> >see how a Cyrix chip could have a faster bus if it still uses PCI and
> >wants to be PCI standard compliant..
>

> I hear that when you run it at 75 MHz, some cards don't like that very well.
> So I guess they aren't totally compliant.

On a side note:

I just stopped by a friends computer store here in Salt Lake.  They just
received in a new PII 350 from Intel with a new MB that has PCI bus
running at 100mhz.  It was blazing fast.  It will be interesting to see if
cards have problems with this new buss speed.  The new MB/pII won't be
avalable until summer or so.  They just got it for testing.  I still feel
that PPro has been their best chip so far for server installations.

I also wish that AMD would licence the MP 1.4 specs from intel so I could
put some AMD A6s on a dual board...

--
Marc Christensen	       |  Check out the linux-access pages.
SysOp CDSS University of Utah  |  linux-access - Making a difference!

a word from the sponsor: