tlug: mailing list humor

    Scott> Thought you'd like this.  Anyone who's ever run or
    Scott> subscribed to a mailing list should find it funny.

But inaccurate ;-)

    joke> Q: How many list subscribers does it take to change a light bulb?

    joke> A: 1,331^H^H^H^H1497.

49 to post their "unsubscribes" to the list.

12 to post how to unsubscribe.

16 to post their "subscribes" to the list, "because they want advice
about changing their own light bulbs".

12 to post how to subscribe.

6 to flame the previous 12, pointing out that someone who isn't
subscribed to the list can't read the explanatory post.

40 to request more information about changing light bulbs, and "please
copy my email address because I'm not subscribed to this list."

10 to flame posters who aren't subscribed.

20 to flame ME, pointing out that the 16 and the 40 mentioned above
aren't list subscribers yet, and MAY NEVER BE.

And 1 to flame the 20 for "shouting."
a word from the sponsor: