tlug: Server Status

Hi,
just to keep everyone up to date on the server.

We've set up majordomo and have a list for the TLUG Server
Setup Team.   It is a closed list, because we're talking
about configuration and security.  If you join the
Server Setup Team, you get shell access and get subscribed
to the Setup Team list.

Alberto Tomita just joined the setup team.   We now have
Ken Harada, Jon Byrne, Chris Sekiya(*), Scott Stone(*),
Joe Marchak(*), Yurie Horita, Alberto Tomita, Craig Oda(*).

 (*) people have special admin power that can wipe out the
     server.  Blame them (I'm one of them) if the server
     gets trashed.  ;-)

I've just started to do some minor configuration that is
deviating from the standard TurboLinux install.  With the
changes and the mail, majordomo, home pages, and stuff.......   I've
been thinking, TAPE BACKUP IS NEEDED.

We have a temporary SCSI controller and SCSI disk in there
now.  We'll need to take up a donation at the next meeting
for parts.

Also, I've turned off guest access until we get things
a bit more secure.

Regards,
Craig

----