Re: tlug: server config on Sat

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig Oda <craig@example.com>
To: tlug@example.com <tlug@example.com>
Date: 1998”N3ŒŽ12“ú 23:03
Subject: RE: tlug: server config on Sat

>be good to see you there.  You were a professional system admin for
>a major ISP right?   I'm just trying to visualize the make up of

Not "were," I still work here :-)  I do tech support, translation, HTML
coding, lots of stuff.  I've done a little hardware setup when we've opened
or expanded access points in the Tokyo area, but I don't work in that
section anymore.  I can build computers that work (or even disassemble and
reassemble mine and have it still work :-)   ).  I'm a UNIX rookie and
certainly no system administrator and not a programmer either, but I'm
willing to try almost anything, whether I actually know how to do it or not
:-)  Come to think of it, that's how I learned to upgrade and build PCs in
the first place . . .

I know very little about DNS and have never set it up or even seen it done,
so I'm very interested in learning more about that.  I'm also very
interested in learning more about sendmail.

I'm really looking forward to this project and I think it will be a great
learning experience.  See you on Saturday!

Jonathan

Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
a word from the sponsor: