tlug: server config on Sat

Hi,
a couple of us are going down to Scott Stone's office, Pacific
HiTech, developer's of TurboLinux, on Saturday to get Joe Marchak's
server up and running and hopefully on the net.

We're meeting at noon at umegaoka ticket gate on Saturday 14 March.

This is what Scott has to say:

   "OK.  I'll meet you guys right outside the ticket gate.  It's a small
   station, there's only one :)

    Make SURE you get on a LOCAL TRAIN -- the semi-express and express do
   NOT stop at umegaoka!  you can take an express from Shinjuku to
   Shimokitazawa "

There's only 16 megs of RAM in the server now, so if you have extra
RAM, donations are welcome.  Otherwise, it will gave us good practice
in system admin of a Linux system with limited memory.

The current plan is to walk past a sushi take-out place on the
way to Scott's office and pick up some sushi to eat at his
office.  Scott said that a good set was about 500 yen.  If you
buy a bento, you don't have to pay.

Due to the small space of the office and probable lack of viewable
access to the screen, don't expect too much.  However, as a big
part of TLUG is helping others to gain Linux experience, it might
be interesting to give the config / customization a crack in a
supervised environment.  I'd rather give a novice a chance to
set it up even if it takes longer.

Regards,
Craig

"Knowledge is the air and light of civilization.  Transform it and you
transform all else."
Craig Oda 	craig@example.com
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
Main Reception: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096

Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
a word from the sponsor: