RE: tlug: TLUG Nomikai 19980311

>It was another great gathering tonight (last night).
>I believe Shishamo is not pregnant, but someone told
>me it is definetely pregnant.

Well, except for a few species that bear live young, fish can't really be
said to be pregnant (and even the fish that do bear live young are
essentially just hatching the eggs internally prior to "birth"), but
shishamo are definitely filled with eggs at the time they're caught and
delivered to stores, restaurants, etc.  I'm not sure what they might be
called in English, but they may be a member of the smelt family (no
guarantees, though :-)   ).

Jonathan

Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
a word from the sponsor: