tlug: Re: RPN calculator

On Mon, Mar 09, 1998 at 10:05:30PM +0900, Craig Oda wrote:

> On a different subject, I'm still looking for a reverse polish
> notation X-Windows based calculator similar to an HP12C.
> I would like easy to change precision and commas after every
> three digits.  It would be nice if the stack were viewable.
> I have a real nice one for the pilot, but it seems a little
> much just to call up XCopilot just to use a calculator.
> There is a hardware emulator of the HP48 called x48, but it
> requires the HP48 ROM to use.

I must not be as finicky.  ;-)

99% of the time I just use dc at a shell prompt, but for the other 1%
of the time, try "echo 'XCalc*Rpn:	True' >> ~/.Xdefaults".  Xcalc
won't give you commas or stack viewing, but I'm usually just doing
simple arithmetic.  Dc definitely gives you arbitrary precision and
stack manipulation commands.

I never would have thought of running RPN under XCopilot!  What a cool
idea.

Hey, if you really want to get perverse, use ghostscript!

Cheers,
--
Rex
Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30