tlug: ADMIN: domain, server config, home page update

Hi,

Ken Harada <kenhrd@example.com> sent the application in for
tlug.gr.jp today to JPNIC.  It will cost 20,105 yen for the
first year.  This is the second use of TLUG funds.

Joe Marchak <joem@example.com> went down to Scott Stone's
office (PHT, makers of TurboLinux) on Saturday with his
personal Pentium machine for use as the TLUG server.
We are planning a mini configuration gathering on Saturday
14th to get the server up with some basic functions.  There
can be a maximum of about 7 people in the office.  If you
want to hack on the server, let me know and we'll set up a
meeting time and place.  Scott's office is at 1-14-4 Umegaoka
which is out from Shinjuku a few stops.  I forgot what line
it is on.  Right now Scott (for obvious reasons that he is
physically there) and myself (proposed by me for backup
reasons) will be the only ones to have root access and we'll
set up various groups with  differing degrees of privilege.
While we're waiting for the tlug.gr.jp, we may go for either
tlug.ml.org or tlug.pht.co.jp.   We'll probably config DNS,
http and some user accounts on Saturday......  This is going
to be a phased process over time, so don't expect too much
on the first day.

Jim Schweizer updated the TLUG meeting page
http://www.twics.com/~tlug/meeting.html to indicate the map
to the nomikai and links.

Regards,
Craig

---
craig@example.com

Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
a word from the sponsor: