tlug: Meeting talk on Jun 13th

    Joe> Scott Stone wrote:
    >> If anyone needs help building RPMs, you can ask me.

    Joe> This is something I'm interested in hearing about ... can we
    Joe> pencil an RPM talk in for the meeting on Jun 13th?

This sounds like a great idea.

I've done a couple of Debian packages for personal use only, and have
subscribed to (but don't have time to follow properly) the Debian
development lists.  If Scott does RPMs and handles the burden of the
tough stuff (the scripts that configure the MTA, for example, and
detect potential conflicts with common locally installed software the
way teTeX does on Debian, at least), I'll book up on dpkg.  We can do
a compare & contrast.

Unless somebody thinks they can do a better job :-)

Steve

Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
a word from the sponsor: