tlug: Re: button challenged three button mouse

Hola--

no solutions here, but an interesting sidelight on the problem:

 > > Has anyone ever seen this kind of problem?  Anyone have a
 > > clue what I can do to get the 3-button mice to work?

I just got a new computer at work, and I needed to use one of the new
XFree86 servers from SuSE--they're the only ones so far that support
the (very nice) Nvidia RIVA 128 video card. Well, I noticed
on SuSE's US website that they claim all their X servers support the
"imps/2" protocol, meaning, I guess, an Intellimouse that connects
to the PS/2 port--which is what I have. I
figured it was worth a try, so I put 'imps/2' in my XF86Config. Didn't
work: the X server went crazy and died. Tried 'Intellimouse,' too. X
started ok, but no mouse.

Maybe the code needs a little work yet?

Matt Gushee
Oshamanbe, Hokkaido
Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
a word from the sponsor: