tlug: Yamaha CD-R - where to install?

I've got three plausible places to install my new CD-R.  They're all
networked and have scads of disk to make the file system to be burned
on.

The issue is do I need speed, or can I stuff it in the not yet
overloaded box that handles all my background stuff like mail and Web
server and such, leaving my workstation free to work?

TIA

Steve

PS  Youse boyz been busy since I went off to LA (where I almost got
killed by falling trees) in mid-Feb.  400+ posts.  Sheesh!

Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
a word from the sponsor: