Re: tlug: Maxwell WP for Linux

On 4 Mar 1998, Jon Babcock wrote:

> The maxwell <http://www.eeyore-mule.demon.co.uk/> wp ran straight away
> (2.0.32, Debian) but went tits up when I tried to import a jpeg. Also,
> couldn't get the bulleted list to do anything. Only spent a few
> minutes with it, but my impression is that it's right at that "just
> 10% left to go" stage. Too bad, the UI is intuitive. (It's mildly

Jon,
I've got parts of maxwell working now.  I can print easily
and the fonts look okay.  There are some spacing problems,
but it's not too bad. I cannot import images though.  This is
what I really want.  There are only a couple things that
I don't like about straight LaTeX in Emacs.  These are that
it is difficult to visualize the placement of images and
tables without calling up xdvi or gv.  Maxwell looks to be
too unstable right now.  Though, it does look promising.

Maybe I'll give LyX a try again.  Though, what I really want
is for LyX to output an HTML or XML document as a single
file.  The last time I tried it, I don't think it could do it.
Japanese support would be nice too.

Regards,
Craig

---
craig@example.com

Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
a word from the sponsor: