Re: tlug: gcc misplacing pointers?

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Andrew S. Howell wrote:

>     Scott> Hm - is there a Linux version available (even commercially)
>     Scott> ?  I'm sure I could get the company to spring for a copy if
>     Scott> it's available for Linux.
>
> Purify and related tools, Quantify and Pure Coverage, were developed
> by a company call PureAtra (sp?), which have since been bought by
> Rational Software. http://www.rational.com/. They make a version of
> purify for NT, but I'm fortunate enough not to have to use it :)
>
> A quick look at their web page indicates that they only support Sparc
> (SunOS & Solaris), HP, and SGI. :(
>
> Too bad. they are very good tools. Quantify is code profiler with a
> graphical frontend. Pure Coverage tells which lines of you program
> have been executed. With it, I can say that EVERY line of my
> application has been tested. Whether it works right or not, well thats
> another story. :)
>
> I know that gcc has a profiler, but there is nothing that I know of

Ok, I just tried the gcc profiler, but it doesn't seem to behave as
expected.  I compiled my code with 'gcc -pg', but it didn't generate the
'gmon.out' file that gprof wants... what am I doing wrong here?

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.

Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
a word from the sponsor: