Re: tlug: Server Name?

On Mon, 2 Mar 1998, Manuel Chakravarty wrote:

> > %
> > % What should we name the server?  penguin?  pengi? pengu?
> > %
> >
> >    How about something relevant to Tokyo. Chikatetsu/Station names, river
> >    names, district names? This would give us a bit more room to expand
> >    than pengu. :-)
>
> With the risk of sounding childish, how about `Penpen'
> (ペンペン).  The name of a pet pinguin from the Japanese
> anime/manga 新世紀エヴァンゲリオン (or however you spell
> `Evangelion' in katakana).  This would contain the pinguin,
> but with some Japanese flavour.
>
> (Of course, I read this stuff only to practice Japanese ;-)
>
> Cheers,

Doesn't this country have enough cutesy stuff already without us
contributing to it further?

Anyway, I'm having that 'spare' 4.3GB EIDE drive tested now.  If it works,
then we can use it for the tlug server.  As for the extra RAM, I'm working
on that, too...

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.

Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
a word from the sponsor: