Re: tlug: Server Name?

Hi,
I agree with the family classification and the trend toward
something Japanese.

We have
  1) subway stations in Tokyo
  2) rivers in Tokyo
  3) Japanese zodiac signs

My personal favorite right now is the names of stations
that we've had TLUG meetings at in the past.

  tokyo  - hsbc, and tibco
  yotsuya - Cyber Tech
  takadanobaba - Data Stream K.K.

we could also use yaesu in honor of the Yaesu-chuo guchi that we're
always meeting at.

  how about akihabara.tlug.gr.jp, yaesu.tlug.gr.jp, tokyo.tlug.gr.jp

If we plan to have a whole herd of machines in PHT, we may have to
help them sell some CDs of TurboLinux so that they can upgrade
their feed.  ;-)   Though, I suppose we could distribute the
herd once we had our DNS set up.

 -- Craig

On 1 Mar 1998 kenhrd@example.com wrote:

> Ne	Nezumi		Rat
> Ushi	Ushi		Ox
> Tora	Tora		Tiger
> U	Usagi		Rabit*
> Tatsu	Tatsu		Dragon
> Mi	Mi or Hebi	Snake
> Uma	Uma		Horse
> Hitsuji	Hitsuji		Ram
> Saru	Saru		Monkey
> Tori	Tori		Cock
> Inu	Inu		Dog
> I	Inoshishi	Boar

------
craig@example.com
PGP Public Key   http://www.twics.com/~craig/personal/pgp/

Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
a word from the sponsor: