Re: tlug: X11 tile/sprite library

On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, 3Web - Jonathan wrote:

> >anyway.  I'm going to write a train simulator for Linux, similar to
>
> Oh, boy, have I got homework for you, Scott :-)  Perhaps you've seen the
> train simulator for Windows 95-J?  It has CD ROMs for most major train lines
> in the Tokyo area and also other parts of Japan, I believe.  If you want a
> really big project, you can knock out a train simulator that will use that
> one's CD-ROMs as input :-)
>
> See how much trouble announcing your plans can get you in ;-)

I've seen those, but that's not what I'm making.  I'm making a game where
you lay the tracks and stations out and the computer drives the actual
trains (look at Transport Tycoon Deluxe or A4 for Windows (which you can
still buy, albeit for 7700 yen)) and you'll see what I'm doing.

AND, if anyone has a copy of A4 that I can look at for ideas, and will let
me borrow it for a little while....I'd appreciate it.  A5 is the newest
version, but it seems to be written in a completely different paradigm -
it focuses on 3d graphics and not on train layouts...

> Jonathan Byrne <E-mail:jq@example.com>
> Media and Content Section
> 3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>

> Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
> Chuo-ku, Kyobashi 1-1-6, EchiZenYa Bld. B1/B2 03-3275-3691
> Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
> Featuring Tague Griffith of Netscape i18n talking on source code
> a word from the sponsor:
> TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System
> www.twics.com  info@example.com  Tel:03-3351-5977  Fax:03-3353-6096

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.