Re: tlug: Re: TLUG Server (Finance)

Hi,

<Pine.LNX.3.96LJ1.1b7.980224181924.3675D-100000@example.com>の記事において
craig@example.comさんは書きました。
>> what's the cheapest way to collect money?  I remember that there
>> was some big bank charge for transfer payments into the TLUG
>> bank account.
I believe the cheapest way is the Postal GIRO = Yubin Furikae Koza.
The transfer charges are

	  10,000 yen or less	60 yen
	 100,000 yen or less   110 yen
       1,000,000 yen or less   210 yen (Donations welcome!?)

It's a bit inconvenient to the donor, since he has to go to the
post office counter before 4 pm (no ATM or the like) on a
weekday.

Also the delivery notices are snail-mailed, so TLUG will know
the remittance 1 or 2 days later.

Apart from the means to collect money, we should discuss how we
collect.  I love the philosophy of Craig that "there is no
membership fee", but can we continue with donation-only system?
How about very minimal annual membership like 1,000/year?  For
me it means nothing since the train fare for a return trip
to Saturday meeting is already more than that.

Of course, everthing depends on what TLUG wish to do and how
much we need to realize it.

>> About the server finances, remember that tlug.ml.org is free.
As Jonathan said, it is "sooner the better" issue.  I vote for
quick action on TLUG.GR.JP.

Ken Harada (原田 健)
Hayama, japan
kenhrd@example.com
http://www.hayama.net/~kenhrd/
Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station