Re: tlug: TLUG domain and server

Hi all,

<Pine.LNX.3.96LJ1.1b7.980223204800.15032B-100000@example.com>の記事において
craig@example.comさんは書きました。
>>  --------------- Craig's personal comments below -----
>>
>> My personal thought is to go with tlug.ml.org for the initial
>> run next week because it gives us the opportunity to control our
>> own DNS.  Also, the ml project is pretty cool.   I think we
>> should try to shoot for the tlug.or.jp over a period of time.
>> This will force us to write an organizational constitution and
>> stuff, but the name is pretty cool.  Right up there with
>> jlug.or.jp.  From what I understand, the Japan Linux Users
>> Group took a while to register the jlug.or.jp domain.
# JLUG registered linux.or.jp domain about two years ago.

I agree Craig's approach is the most practical.

Let's think which TLUG domain we will prefer to go after that.
"ORG" domain does not imply the "Organization" is in US.
It is simply a Top Level Domain (TLD).

Like I did for my own domain (Hayama Net), the setting at InterNIC
is just within one day - 12 hours in my case.  The registration for
two years is just $100.00 since we already have PHT who kindly
hosts us, and ns.inovis.de for secondary DNS.  We will be charged
$50 every year after the third year.  No need of documentation like
consitution, just application over e-mail will be accepted.
"ORG" can be quick and less expensive.

In case of "JP", JPNIC fees are :-
(http://www.nic.ad.jp/jpnic/faq/QandA.html#4010)
     Domain registration: 20,000 Yen
There seems no annual fee in case of JPNIC.

As Smack Omote mentioned, the new domain space "GR.JP" (GR stands
for group) is there.  Just application and seal certificate (Inkan
shomei) of the Daihyousha (President) and FukuDaihyousha (vice
President) are required.  No need to go through contitution or the
like.  I think non-Japanese guys can have their signatures certified
by the consulate.

So, if we want "JP", accept "GR" (group) instead of "OR"
(organization), and can afford 20,000 Yen, why don't we go for
TLUG.GR.JP.

Regards,

Ken Harada (原田 健)
Hayama, japan
kenhrd@example.com
http://www.hayama.net/~kenhrd/
Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
Featuring Tague Griffith of Netscape i18l talking on source code