tlug: Library questions

Hello,

	I recently upgraded to RH 5.0 and was having difficulty
getting Netscape to run. It turns out that it was a problem with
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I was setting it to:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11/lib:/usr/local/lib

Without this set, it works fine. Doing a strace shows that two
different sets of libs are used:

Worky:

/usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib/libXt.so.6

No worky: ( LD_LIBRARY_PATH not set )

/usr/X11/lib/libXt.so.6

I vaguely remember that 5.0 is now using libc6. So I guess this is the
problem. Netscape, at least the version that I have ( 4.03 ) would be
using the old libs.

Anyone have any insight?

Andy
Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
Featuring Tague Griffith of Netscape i18l talking on source code
a word from the sponsor: