Re: tlug: majordomo 'who' command

On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Ken Harada wrote:

> I am aware of this in regard to the SAPM problems, but I would still
> like to have the member list available to the members.  May be we
> compile a separate listing rather than the automated majordomo
> reply?

Yes, the subscriber list is stored as a plain text file on the server -
put it on the website under a password-protected directory.  Maybe just
symlink it there so that when new people subscribe, it's automatically
updated for the web.

> Regarding the ML I think it would be natural to have the  new TLUG
> server run its own list server (maybe Majordomo?).
>
> Scott Stone さんは書きました:
> >
> >I'm a bit upset - tlug's majordomo will dump a list of all the email
> >addresses of list members if you tell it 'who tlug' - I don't know how
> >things work in Japan, but in the USA, this is how people build up their
> >mail spam lists.  Can we maybe turn this off?  It's easy to do, just edit
> >the appropriate line in the .config file for the list.
> >
> >Speaking of lists, when we move the TLUG server here to PHT, will it
> >handle this list or do you want me to have my current majordomo server
> >handling the list?
>
> ********************************
> Ken Harada = 原田  健
> Hayama, Japan
> http://www.imasy.or.jp/~kenhrd/
> Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
> Chuo-ku, Kyobashi 1-1-6, EchiZenYa Bld. B1/B2 03-3275-3691
> Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
> Featuring Tague Griffith of Netscape i18l talking on source code
> a word from the sponsor:
> TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System
> www.twics.com  info@example.com  Tel:03-3351-5977  Fax:03-3353-6096

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.