RE: tlug: E-Vote for TLUG

Hi all,

On 20-Feb-98 Totoro wrote:
>Craig has mentioned several times about the difficulties in
>getting a group consensus on various issues that arise within
>TLUG. Well, this may not be the most secure way of doing it,
>but e-vote seems like it would work pretty well on the whole.
>It allows list members to poll each other, and can also work
>via the web. I think if we have a web page for member voting
>(password accessible), then it should be acceptable.
>
>E-Vote is free for Linux, and can be seen at:
>
>http://www.Deliberate.com/

I just downloaded eVote.README and eVote2.tar.gz. I read the
README and if we stick with Majordomo this should be no problem
to set up and administer.

It does, however, bring to mind a couple of things. Who is going
to have root access to install things like this and make changes
to sendmail's files (assuming we use sendmail - all in favor
raise your hand...)