Re: tlug: -The TLUG Server-

On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, Scott Stone wrote:

> Do you have a domain registered with JPNic yet?  We'll provide the DNS
> services for it - tell JPNic that your NS address is 210.145.37.178
> (ume.pht.co.jp).

We need to decide whether we go for tlug.or.jp or tokyolug.org
or something else.

In the interim, I propose we get rolling with tlug.pht.co.jp.

This will give PHT a bit more publicity as well.  However,
we would aim to move to our own TLUG domain.

> So when do you want to bring it over?  Today's bad, but tomorrow
> (Saturday) might work.  I have a key to the place.  Let me know, and I'll
> give you directions.

Since we have now secured bandwidth and floor space thanks to the
generousity of Pacific HiTech, makers of TurboLinux and TurboLinux
Pro, I suggest we move to agreement on which server to use.

We have a couple of options open to us.  One is John Little's
server and one is Joe's.  We also need to coordinate logistics
of the server.  Next Saturday we have the TLUG Perl Journal Japanese
Edition meeting.

I suggest we now discuss what hardware.

Thanks.

Regards,
Craig

---
craig@example.com

Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
a word from the sponsor: