Re: tlug: netscape and plugins

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Craig Oda wrote:

> Hi,
> I've been trying to get the Real Player 5.0 to work as a plugin
> under Communicator 4.04.  I've been reading on usenet and the web
> that this is possible under Linux.  Also, the RealPlayer for Linux
> documentation gave instructions on how to install it under Linux
> Netscape as a plugin.
>
> There was one person on usenet that had the same problem as I
> am having now, but there was no answer.
>
> I'm placing the plugin in /usr/lib/netscape/communicator/plugins/
>
> and ~/.netscape/plugins
>
> I've restarted Netscape several times, but can't get it to
> work.
>
> Evidently there are lots of plugins for Netscape Linux out there,
> including how to get midi sound and Java sound.

I don't think it's a plugin.  Find the realaudio section in the
applications preferences, and say 'use command', and have it run:

rvplayer %s

at least, that's how I set it up, and it works for me...

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.

Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
a word from the sponsor: