tlug: Fired for choosing Linux?

This landed in my email today:

Approved-By: adbm@example.com
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 03:15:02 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Fired for Linux? / Win98 Now / Hot Products
To: "Team AnchorDesk" <anchordesk@example.com>
From: "Jesse Berst's AnchorDesk" <anchordesk@example.com>
Sender: owner-anchordesk@example.com

__________Berst Alert____________________
  COULD YOU GET FIRED FOR CHOOSING LINUX?

http://www.zdnet.com/chkpt/adt0216ba/www.anchordesk.com/story/story_1774.html

     Linux fanatics cite the freeware operating system
     as a viable alternative to Windows NT. Sure it has
     technical merits, but can it pass the all-important
     "cover your backside" test? Seems to me that championing
     Linux could be a CLM (career-limiting move) at many
     large corporations. For your own sake, keep this
     in mind when reading the glowing articles about its
     growing popularity. Links, stats and other career-protecting
     information await you at the site.

I'm a TLUG lurker and have made it to only one meeting. A meeting that
landed my photo in the February '98 _Linux Journal_ with the rest of the
gang <G>.

Thought the above might be of interest to TLUGers....

  Paul Cipywnyk (paulcipy@example.com) Tokyo, Japan
      http://www2.gol.com/users/paulcipy/
Next TLUG Nomikai: 11 March Wed 1998 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April 1998 Saturday, Tokyo Station
a word from the sponsor: