Re: tlug: Re: Corega NICs

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Jonathan Byrne wrote:

> After all their talk about Linux that I saw on the in-store display,
> there isn't one single bit of documentation for that on the floppy or in
> the manual that it comes with.  Lotsa talk, no walk.

*laugh* That's how it goes.

> My Windows machine, which sits rights next to my Linux box, has a 3C509 in
> it, so I might just do a card transplant instead, since the Corega disk does
> have drivers for 95 and NT on it.

Do it.  That 509 (even if it's ISA) is going to perform much, much, much
better than the ne2k (even if it's PCI).

> Do you know if it does this under Windows 95 and NT 4.0 as well, or does
> this "Linux compatible" card just cause trouble on Linux systems?  If that's
> the case, I think swapping cards will be the way to go.

Don't know -- I don't run MS-anything here.

--	Chris (wileyc@example.com)

Next Saturday Meeting: 14 February 1998 12:30 Tokyo Station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.
a word from the sponsor: