Re: tlug: xjdic

In message <34D9894D.34011.001@example.com> you wrote:
> Question: I want to run Jim Breen's xjdic, but dselect
> complains that it depends on edict and kanjidic and that
> these are missing.  I tried downloading them separately,
> sticking them in (still gzipped) with the xjdic stuff, and
> doing "configure" again from dselect, but that didn't work.
> Rather than bang my head too hard, I figured someone here
> would have the answer handy :^)  Onegai shimasu :^)

What does "dselect" do? I have xjdic v2.2 installed and don't
remember having used it. Is there a new version?

1) edit jdic.h, setting DEFAULT_DICDIR to the directory
   where you will install the dictionaries

2) "make client" and "make server"
   I prefer the client/server rather than the standalone
   version, as the dictionaries are kept in memory by the
   server; it takes a few seconds to load them with the
   standalone program

3) copy the binaries to somewhere in your PATH

4) copy edict and kanjidic (both unzipped) plus
   kanjstroke, radicals.euc, radicals.tm, radkfile,
   romkana.cnv, vconj, wdict and kanjstroke to the
   directory set in 1)

5) "make xjdxgen" and execute "xjdxgen edict", "xjdxgen kanjidic"

6) copy .xjdicrc.skel to your home directory as .xjdicrc and edit it

---
Alberto Tomita, Jr.            http://www.ishiilab.dnj.ynu.ac.jp/~Alberto
Yokohama National University       e-mail: alberto@example.com

Next Saturday Meeting: 14 February 1998 12:30 Tokyo Station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.