Re: tlug: hamm/hamm

>>>>> "Craig" == Craig Oda <craig@example.com> writes:

On Fri, 30 Jan 1998, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> I did this over top of a Debian 1.3 base installation (libc5) with no

    Craig> can you now compile and run XEmacs with xim support?  I'm
    Craig> also using the VF-Xserver from debian-jp, hamm-jp.  This
    Craig> should be the only thing semi-non-standard.  Other than
    Craig> that your system should be the same as mine.  I have motif
    Craig> installed, but I'm compiling with lucid, forcing it from
    Craig> the ./configure flag options, so I don't think its using
    Craig> motif, guess I should check when I get home just to be
    Craig> sure.

I do all my development work on a libc5 machine.  I don't think I even
have a copy of the release version of 20.3 on site.  I doubt I'll have
time this week; there's a serious bug in the current 20.5 beta that
manifests itself reliably on Sparc/Linux, and most of my spare time is
going to that or the book.  (Check out
http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/XEmacsBuilds/ to get an idea of how
much time is going into this....)

I _know_ that XEmacs 20.3 + xim + canna + wnn + xfs worked for Steve
Baur on a custom Linux 2.0.3x system with glibc 2.0.[56].

    Craig> If you can compile and run XEmacs20.3 with xim support and
    Craig> I can't, I'll spend some of Saturday figuring out why.

Do a `make clean all-elc finder >build.err 2>&1' and send me copies of
`Installation' and `build.err'.

Steve
Next Saturday Meeting: 14 February 1998 12:30 Tokyo Station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.
a word from the sponsor: