tlug: Roasting TLUG CD-ROMS

Since Joe Marchak volunteered to demonstrate Xcd-Roast at the
next meeting, I was wondering how much it would cost to create
and distribute TLUG CD-ROMS?

Initial ideas would be to copy Red Hat 5.0, JRPM, PJE, Debian 1.3.1,
Debian JP, Debian Hamm, and Debian-JP Hamm.

If we had a 2-3 gig hard disk, I could bring the information over
to Joe's place.  Alternately, I could reformat my Sparc SCSI
and use that.  Though, I would prefer to keep the Sparc disk
intact.  This is just an idea right now. But, it could
be a way to get new users to move to Linux and to give experienced
users a chance to experiment with different distributions.

We might even be able to create a few live filesystems of a Japanese
distribution so that a TLUG person could test out a non-main
distribution like JRPM, PJE, Debian-JP without any installation.
Live filesystems run right off of the CD.  I used to use these
extensively before when Linux was more unstable and I used to
trash my system all the time.

Any comments?

Regards,
Craig

------
craig@example.com
PGP Public Key   http://www.twics.com/~craig/personal/pgp/

Next Saturday Meeting: 14 February 1998 12:30 Tokyo Station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.
a word from the sponsor: