Re: tlug: Java and Linux

On Fri, Jan 16, 1998 at 07:08:19PM +0900, Alan B. Stone wrote:
> installations today, and nothing seems to work.  I first tried
> JDK-1.1.3, then JDK-1.1.4, both of which continued to give me the error
> I sent before.  Then I uninstalled jdk and replaced it with kaffe.  Now
> this seemed to be working fine until out of the blue it gave me the
> error message:  "no library path given"
> I have set the JAVA_HOME and CLASSPATH, I got ahold of the classes.zip
> file from Sun, etc.  However, all of this and still no luck with Java.

I use jdk-1.1.3 on my Linux system to run AOL Instant Messenger
<URL:http://www.aol.com/aim/>, which offers the same basic features
as ICQ.  I have both JAVA_HOME and JDK_HOME pointing to the root of
my jdk tree, and have set neither NS_JAVA nor DYN_JAVA.

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo   7j1ajh@example.com
                      http://starship.skyport.net/crew/jtittsler

Next Saturday Meeting: 14 February 1998 12:30 Tokyo Station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.
a word from the sponsor: