tlug: Java and Linux

Okay...I'm going nuts.  I've tried several different setups and
installations today, and nothing seems to work.  I first tried
JDK-1.1.3, then JDK-1.1.4, both of which continued to give me the error
I sent before.  Then I uninstalled jdk and replaced it with kaffe.  Now
this seemed to be working fine until out of the blue it gave me the
error message:  "no library path given"
I have set the JAVA_HOME and CLASSPATH, I got ahold of the classes.zip
file from Sun, etc.  However, all of this and still no luck with Java.

I'd be interested in hearing from any of you who have used java
applications on you Linux boxes.  Thanks,

Blaine

--
Alan B. Stone
Senior Technical Representative