Re: tlug: Java

On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, Alan B. Stone wrote:

> ICQ is located at http://www.mirabilis.com and if you go to the download
> section, then to the ICQ for Java.  You can download the 600+K file.
> I'm going to try JDK1.1.5 and see if that works.  Let me know if ICQ
> works.  Thanks,

I'm downloading it to my workstation now.  However, I won't
be able to try it until I get home.  The requirements say that
for Linux, JDK1.1.4 or higher is required.  Since I'm still
running libc5 at work, I'm using JDK1.1.3.

Can you run the demo programs on your Linux box that came with
JDK1.1.4?  Maybe it is a problem with your JDK installation and
not related to ICQ?  However, the fact that they say that it
won't work with JDK1.1.3, makes me think that they're really
pushing the threading capability or something.  1.1.4 was supposed
to be mainly bug fixes and performance enhancements.

What is this thing that I just downloaded?

Regards,
Craig

---
craig@example.com
PGP public key: http://www.twics.com/~craig/personal/pgp/

Next Saturday Meeting: 14 February 1998 12:30 Tokyo Station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.
a word from the sponsor: