Re: tlug: various stuff

On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, Hajime Saitou wrote:

> Does this mean you tried the debian hamm version of jdk1.1? I

Yes.  I tried that.

> installed it and it seemed to work. In other words I installed the
> packages and tried the demontrations in /usr/doc/jdk1.1 from netscape.
>
> Does this mean that this is functional of doesn't it? I don't use JAVA
> so I'm not sure...

If you're using it within netscape, it is using netscape's JVM,
not the one from JDK.  Actually, what I'm mainly interested in
is the javac compiler.    Anyway, this is not that big a problem
for me as I intend to install the newer JDK under Red Hat 5.0
when I get a chance.  I'll hack away at hamm until it is working
again.  I was a little disappointed when I moved my data from
a disk using
  find . -depth -print |cpio -admv /var
but carelessly mounted it as /tmp and it got wiped out.  :-(
Anyway, my debian distribution is now a little sick until
I sort things out.

I think that it really needs to move to 2.0.  I noticed that
Bruce Perens has stepped down as Debian project leader and has
been replaced by Ian (Jackson?).  Anyway, maybe the Debian project
will start to take off.  I do like their new penguin logo.

Regards,
Craig

---
craig@example.com
PGP public key: http://www.twics.com/~craig/personal/pgp/

Next TLUG Nomikai: 14 January 1998 19:15  Tokyo station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.  Or go directly to Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next Saturday Meeting: 14 February 1998 12:30 Tokyo Station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.
a word from the sponsor: