tlug: DOSEMU....

> Since I didn't want to mess with the DOSEMU package, I set up
Actually, DOSEMU compiles and installs out of the box. Just grab
it from their site, unpack it into some unused directory, do
what they recommend in their QuickInst file and you're set.

Actually, DOSEMU doesn't support the jp106 keyboard yet.
However, I managed to hack it into dosemu 0.64.4 and mailed the
modifications to Alistair Macdonald. However, nothing
happened....maybe it was an old address or so.

If anybody is interested, I can explain where and what to modify
in order to get it working.

I *strongly* recommend having DOSEMU ready as there is too much
old dos stuff around you need from time to time and this allows
you to use it without booting into DOS.

A word of caution, though: If you run a notebook on batteries,
don't forget that DOS sends the processor into idle loops when
nothing else has to be done. Thus the processor always draws
full power. In order to provide a good emulation, DOSEMU has to
imitate this behaviour rather fine grainedly. Thus, if you start
DOSEMU, you'll find that it hogs all available processor power
and thus prevents Linux from doing its usual very good power
management.

Result: when running DOSEMU your batteries are much quicker
drained than usually. So just use it when you need it.

                               Karl-Max Wagner
                               karlmax@example.com
Next TLUG Nomikai: 14 January 1998 19:15  Tokyo station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.  Or go directly to Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next Saturday Meeting: 14 February 1998 12:30 Tokyo Station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.
a word from the sponsor: