tlug: CDRom Burning

After some fiddling around, I now have an apparently reliable
CDRom burning system.

Yamaha CDR400tx (get bios version > 1.0d)
Xcdroast 0.96d (beta version 1997.12.20)
     ---> www.fh-muenchen.de/rz/xcdroast

Xcdroast now uses cdrecord instead of cdwrite, and supports
a whole raft of writers.  The user interface is good, and
the software supports (with warnings) CD to CD direct copies.
The recommended method is to create an iso9660 image on your
hard disk first, then copy to the CDR.

If anyone's interested, I'll demo it at the next meeting.

The JPG attached shows a happy Xcdroast users group.

Cheers,

Joe Marchak
joem@example.com

JPEG image