RE: tlug: Meeting Schedule

On Fri, 19 Dec 1997, John Little wrote:

> %
> % ...time frame, it might be better to have the next January 14th
> % meeting be a nomikai only and aim for a March meeting with a ...
> %
>

>   Nomikai! Nomikai! Nomikai!  (chanted in time to "Iki! Iki! Iki!). :-)

The prophet John speaketh and it shall be so!

TLUG January Nomikai
********************
Date: 14 January 1998
Gathering Place: Tokyo station Chuo Yaesu ticket gate
Gathering Time: 19:15
Nomikai Place:      Tengu TokyoEkiMae
                    T104  Tokyo-to Chuo-ku Kyobashi 1-1-6
                    EchiZenYa Bldg, B1/B2
                    03-3275-3691
Nomikai Time: 19:30

 Searching for volunteer to be Kanji-san
 ---------------------------------------
Responsibilities
  o  get rough head count by saying on list, "Hey, are you coming?"
     a few times
  o  reserve place at Tengu.  Say, "Big table, big table," a few
     times
  o  stand up at meeting and say, "hey, thanks for coming, and now
     a few words from John Little who will express his thanks."
     John will say, "Douzo, nonde kudasai," and begin some chant.
  o  get bill, bring out your Linux kernel based calculator and
     divide bill by how much it is.  If it is an odd number, we
     usually round up and donate the change (like 100 yen or something)
     to TLUG.  Ideally, the calculator would be written in assembler
     code before the meeting and automatically calculate the number of
     people at the meeting by the difference in air temperature between
     ambient and human body temperature.(joke about the assembler code).
  o  at the end of the night, say, "man, this kanji-san work is hard,
     who wants to buy me a drink?"

No preparation of an agenda or events is required.  I'll convince
someone else to do this.  The Kanji-san will get a place for the
TLUGers, get there money, and send the lads and ladies out into
the Tokyo night.

---
craig@example.com
PGP public key: http://www.twics.com/~craig/personal/pgp/

Next TLUG Nomikai: 14 January 1998 19:15  Tokyo station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.  Or go directly to Tengu TokyoEkiMae 19:30
Next Saturday Meeting: 14 February 1998 12:30 Tokyo Station
Yaesu Chuo ticket gate.
a word from the sponsor: