RE: tlug: Re: IPC Install

%
% One question.  How can I get those PROM boot messages
% after the linux is installed  (I presume the boot sequence will directly
% fall into
% linux boot)?
%

Ken,

   The boot PROM will still direct messages to the console. Linux will
   direct messages there too, as long as you use the "setserial"
   command to specify ttya as the console device.

   On ejecting the floppy... there is actually an "eject" RPM which
   works for most removable media (and, as you already found, the PROM
   monitor also has it's own "eject" command). If you get really stuck,
   there's a small hole to the bottom-right of the drive slot where a
   strightened out paper-clip will allow you to manually eject the
   floppy.

			-John-

TLUG Meeting: To be announced
a word from the sponsor: