Re: tlug: Tkman error

>>In article <34991A68.5C4CC3E7@example.com>, "Alan B. Stone" <stoneab@example.com> writes:

> I started getting an error when trying to start tkman.  The error says I
> need to apply the 'elid patch' and recompile wish.  Can someone explain
> this one to me?  I had no problems in the beginning, then all of the
> sudden.....

When you install tkman, it has a patch ('elid' patch) which has to be
applied to tcl or tk, I'm not sure which.  Not sure what it does, not
sure why it's not part of tcl/tk by now.  It's had this patch for
quite a while now.  It's a real pain when you install a new tcl/tk,
because then you have to go get the latest tkman, which means the
latest rman too, and maybe glimpse while you're at it.

     Felix Finch: scarecrow repairman & rocket surgeon / felix@example.com
            PGP = 91 B3 94 7C E9 E8 76 2D   E1 63 51 AA A0 48 89 2F
TLUG Meeting: To be announced
a word from the sponsor: