RE: tlug: Meeting Schedule

On Thu, 18 Dec 1997, Stephen N. Carter wrote:

> Yes, TUJ would be very happy to host  any TLUG meetings.  We can have
> access to a projector, as well for doing group demos. I'm running like mad
> right now getting ready to be out of town next week, but I'll be in email
> contact.  I'm pretty sure the ICA Jan meeting is the 15th, which is a
> Thursday, I think.
>
> I'll get back to you later.

Stephen,
thank you for the invitation.  I'm thinking that due to the short
time frame, it might be better to have the next January 14th
meeting be a nomikai only and aim for a March meeting with a
lecture.  What does everyone else think?  We should probably decide
by tomorrow.  Look at the logistics information below and
decide.

I can't remember if we were leaning more toward
Thursday or Wednesday, but the second Wednesday of March is
March 11th.  This might be pretty good since March is the end
of the Japanese fiscal year and the last two weeks might be
a little busy.  For future reference, I'll put the
address of TUJ below.

    January 1998
 S  M Tu  W Th  F  S
             1  2  3
 4  5  6  7  8  9 10
11 12 13(14)15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

     March 1998
 S  M Tu  W Th  F  S
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
 8  9 10(11)12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

Possible meeting site
  Temple University Japan (TUJ)
  2-8-12 Minami-Azabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106, Japan

TLUG members check out   http://tuj.ac.jp/bigmap2tuj.html
and notice the long walk from Tamachi station.  It is maybe
a 15 minute walk.  This is not so bad and is good for your
health, but it is a little hard to find for the first time.
It might be good if we had a meeting point at Tamachi station
and walked over together.   A big factor would be everyone's
proximity to Tamachi station.

Regards,
Craig

---