Re: tlug: Re: Kernel modules

>   While we're on the subject of modules, I have a couple of real newbie
> questions:

> produces different error messages about the modules being the wrong
> version and so on.  So am I supposed to be using this "make modules ;

Does /usr/include/asm and /usr/include/linux point to
linux/include/linux and linux/include/asm?
^^^^^This should be the top of the Linux source directory.

If it doesn't this should explain why you are being told that the
versions are different. The header files the modules ask for come from
a different place. I think that one of the header files (version.h?)
gets fiddled with each time you compile.

----
Linux version 2.0.32 (root@example.com) (gcc version egcs-2.90.17p 971114 (gcc2-970802 experimental)) #2 Tue Dec 2 08:35:33 JST 1997
                  ^^This number seems to get incremented.
----

There could be other reasons but this is the one that came to mind.

Hajime Saito
TLUG Meeting: To be announced
a word from the sponsor: