Re: tlug: X Windows client

Michael,

I have to disagree.  I use Applixware on my home machine, and also at
work.  I regularly pass M$ word documents back and forth to friends.  I
haven't had any problems.  I think if you read any of the major
computing magazines, the actual trend is moving away from M$.  The
average user can't continue to shell out dollars for high priced
software when there are free alternatives.  Also many major business are
realizing the cost saving blessings by using Linux.  This month's LAN
Magazine had an outstanding article on Linux and BSD.  In the last month
I have accumulated a huge stack of articles on how Linux/BSD is making
its way into the mainstream.  I also have three MACs in the house.  I
haven't had any problems passing files back and forth there either.

Anyway, if you look you'll find that there are packages for Linux that
are fully compatible with Windows and Macintosh versions.

Take it easy,

Blaine

--
Alan B. Stone