Re: tlug: Kernel compile problem

On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Christopher Sekiya wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Dennis McMurchy wrote:
> >   Just thought I'd apply the last two (stable) kernel patches and
> > move from 2.0.30 to 2.0.32.  Most unexpectedly, I'm getting the following
> > compile error:
>
> Yep.
>
> Do the following (from the linux source directory):
>
> "cp .config myconfig ; make mrproper ; cp myconfig .config ; make oldconfig ; make dep clean zImage"
>
> --	Chris (wileyc@example.com)

  This is very useful advice, which allows you to update your .config file
in a simple and elegant way.  Unfortunately, though, this didn't solve
the problem, and I'm still getting exactly the same error message.

  Thanks, though.  This'll be very handy in the future. Any other ideas
out there?

Dennis McMurchy,
Sointula, B.C. / Tojinmachi, Fukuoka
Canada           Japan

TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out
a word from the sponsor: