Re: tlug: Linux binaries of XEmacs 20.3 and PJE English HowTo

On Fri, 5 Dec 1997, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> except maybe libc and libX11.  One problem with the Mule support is
> that few of the kit builders on Linux have Canna and Wnn.  AFAIK they
> will be built without XIM support, as that is still considered
> experimental.  (One important XIM-related crash on XFree86 was fixed
> midway in the 20.3 development series, but others remain in the Motif

Since I think you are the one that found and solved the bug for
XIM, perhaps you would like to share your favorite
configure flags on Intel architecture?  Or, perhaps just
the ones related to say xim with canna support.  I plan
to do the recompile this week with glibc6.  I'm a little
disappointed that RedHat beat Debian to the glibc6 release.
RedHat 5.0 Hurricane evidently is full glibc6.  Debian 2.0,
Hamm, is still in development.

On a different note, Rob Bickel has done a translation of
Project Japanese Extensions HowTo into English. I've mirrored
Rob Bickel's document at

http://www.twics.com/~craig/linux/nihongo/PJE-HOWTO-E.txt

and will revise my web page this weekend to make appropriate
references to it.  Rob's document is well done.  Check it
out.

BTW, I'm still personally recommending Debian and Debian-JP
if it is your first time with Linux and Japanese _and_ you
don't have RedHat or Slackware already installed.   Maybe
I should put my typing where my mouth is and write the
Debian-JP HowTo in English.

Regards,
Craig

TLUG Meeting Dec. 13, 12:30 at Tokyo station Yaesu Chuo ticket gate
13:30 Starbuck's coffee.  13:45 HSBC | info: joem@example.com
At least 3 functional Sparc IPC machines will be raffled out
a word from the sponsor: